So here we go:
1. POST 11 FACTS ABOUT YOURSELF (I used to have 100 of those when I first started blogging 10 years ago, where are they when I need them?)
- I am an only child
- I was born in Romania where I lived for 15 years, then moved with my parents to France after the fall of the communist regime, where I lived for another 10 years. In 2000 I moved to Canada with my hubbs and so far, I don't have any plans for moving again. :-)
- I can solve the Rubik's cube in about 90 sec, I learned when I was 12, but I am getting rusty and need to practice regularly so I don't forget.
- I practiced volleyball and taekwon-do competitively when I was younger and more agile. I can also play a mean ping-pong.
- I wear a fancy title at work, but I am still a goof at heart and I fight for being taken seriously.
- My blood type is B+, so is my hubbs'. I keep on wondering what my kids' blood types are. I would like to donate blood, but nobody wants it because I lived in France and I am a potential mad cow disease carrier.
- I saw Guns'n Roses, Supertramp, Paul Mc Cartney, Madonna, Shania Twain, Vanesa Paradis and U2 in concert.
- My favorite still cartoon characters are Calvin and Hobbes, my favorite cartoon character is Wyle E. Coyote.
- I knitted a sweater for my teddy bear when I was 12
- When I was 8 months pregnant with my first child I was selected for a French TV show where I had to guess 6 people's hobbies/jobs. The show's name was "Qui est Qui?" (Who's Who?). I was the winner of the show and took home 20,000 Francs and a Carribean vacation that I couldn't go to, for being pregnant at the time. I still haven't been to a Carribean vacation, ever.
- I would like to learn how to juggle, but I know there are some things that I will never be good at, such as juggling, or playing a musical instrument. I am totally fine with it.
- I hate vanilla scent. I also discovered in the past 2 years that I was allergic to perfume and fumes and I get asthma attacks because of it. No perfume around me please, not even scented candles.
2. ANSWER 11 QUESTIONS FROM YOUR NOMINATOR
- Are you a folder or a crumpler? I only fold my fitness clothes and PJs because they go in a drawer. The rest of my wardrobe is on hangers, so the question does not apply. I also fold my towels and sheets, but I don't care about fitted sheets, which can be crumpled at will.
- What is your favourite type of fiction? I like crime/mystery stories and not-too-far-in-the-future sci-fi. For those who are familiar with French literature, I own every single one of Rene Barjavel's books.
- What is your favourite thing for dinner, either at home or when you go out to eat? At home, hubbs' lasagna, the best I've ever had. I am not very fond of restaurant food, but I find Boston Pizza's salmon and spinach salad very tasty. I can hardly say no to a good steak, but if I go to the Keg, I usually have that with shrimp and steamed vegetables.
- Have you ever gone to the bathroom in the bushes on a run? Yes, I do it all the time, last time was during the Toronto Marathon, you can notice it on my Runkeeper GPS trace around km 30. I have no shame.
- Coffee or tea Coffee in the morning (with milk and sugar) and herbal mint tea after 3pm.
- What month do you wish it was all year round? I am pretty fond of September. Perfect temperature, pretty colors, my birthday.
- Do you dress up at Halloween? It depends on the mood. I seems that every 3-4 years I feel like dressing up and I get pretty involved in the process. One time, I was a very ugly witch complete with prosthetic nose and plaster and makeup all over my face (nobody recognized me), another time a punk rocker with a mohawk and a mean attitude and just yesterday, a funny/creepy clown with full makeup and polkadots and rainbows everywhere.
|Hope you are not scared of clowns|
- Do you cross train? I love Yoga, so for a triathlete who already does swimming and biking regularly, that probably qualifies as cross training. I prefer hot and sweaty yoga to the zen and mellow kind. I also do some strength training exercises with dumbbells and body weight stuff, plus planks/crunches when I feel motivated enough.
- Do you still live in the same city as where you were born? Nope, see the 11 facts about me above.
- What did you want to be when you 'grew up'? When I was not yet a grown up, I wanted to be a biologist, but since I grew up, I also considered becoming a professional photographer and a police officer. Nope, I am not any of these.
- What is your favourite brand of running gear? I am not loyal to any brand in particular because I am rather thrifty and many times I would just pick up from a thrift store what fits me. I have been quite impressed with the fabrics from Nike, the shoes from Adidas and New Balance, the bottoms from Sugoi and the bras from Champion (almost no chaffing, yay!).
- 21 Days
- Project Iron
- Carol Levesque's Blog
- just a jaunt around the block...
- Cavegirl on the run
- A whole lot of soles
May have more than 200 followers, but highly recommended:
11 QUESTIONS TO MY NOMINEES
- What is your favorite distance to run, swim, bike, or all three, and why?
- What inspired you to include fitness in your lifestyle?
- What movie made you cry, if any?
- What gets you going in the morning?
- What is your favorite pair of running shoes?
- What is the most daring thing you've ever done?
- Do you have a life goal that you're still chasing?
- Favorite ice cream flavour?
- Do you have a favorite pre-race breakfast?
- Who is your biggest fan?
- If you were to motivate someone to get off the couch and start exercising, what would you tell them?