Saturday, November 10, 2012

Easy recipes: Riri's Famous Banana Bread

As the smell of banana bread is slowly taking over all corners of our house, I feel inspired to share my recipe with you guys. I found it a few years ago on the good ol' Internet, but made some slight modifications and since then, it became the regular afterlife of our mushy bananas, saved from the compost bin every 2 weeks in general (we should definitely learn to plan better our banana consumption).

Mix in order (this will make one loaf):

3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter (melted in the microwave for 30sec)
3 mushy bananas (pureed in a separate bowl)
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda mixed with 1 tbsp warm water
2 cups flour
1 tbsp of vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Optional: add chocolate chips, walnuts, pecans, raisins, etc.

Bake at 350F for 1h.

They should look like this after you take them out of the oven:

1 choco chip and 1 regular cooling down
Bon appetit!

5 comments:

  1. Hey! Another Canadian! I'll be following you!
    I was reading through your journey, great marathons - Paris, Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl, thanks for stopping by!! Hope our journeys will cross paths some day. I was an instant fan of your blog, btw. :-)

      Delete
  2. This is baking in my oven right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! Let me know if you liked it ;-)

      Delete
    2. Om nom nom nom. I will have photos for WIAW on Wednesday. Kids also liked it. Fergus ate two pieces for dessert. I love that it is a one bowl mix.

      Delete