Thursday, February 23, 2012

I can swim again!

Not much happening this week after the Monday's snowboarding adventures because I woke up the next day feeling like someone had beaten me up with a baseball bat. At least I can imagine, I saw enough movies with guys on the ground in fetal position screaming in pain. If I didn't have to go to work, I would have spent the day pretty much the same way. So I skipped a few workouts. Instead of an easy run on Tuesday I did a 7km walk and tonight I was supposed to do another 30min easy run, but I went to the pool instead.

See, I discovered a new muscle in my leg called Peroneus Longus because I have been having a stabbing pain on the side of my legs with each step that I take, especially in my left leg, that was the leading one on the board. The strain came from trying to keep my balance and turn, so I am now nursing this boo-boo. The massage therapist took care of it, my physiotherapist gave it a nice ultrasound too, so I just need to wait a bit for the pain to subside. Going to the pool was just the best decision I could have made, I felt zero pain while swimming, it was perfect!

I swam 1km in 33:22, this is the best time so far for me, so I am really happy with it. I was alternating crawl with backstroke each 50 m and was finishing each 250m round with a 50m brass stroke, just because it's my favorite of all. As an FYI, I went to the pool in my PJs and left shortly after they had closed, so I took a few pictures because the gym was looking really cool empty of people. I need to do this again!!



No comments:

Post a Comment