Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Few Numbers

One thing I noticed across all fitness blogs that I visited is that people love numbers. I am a geek at heart too, so I will probably share numbers with you, although I don't think I will go in too much detail as I rather post the links that do so. For example, if you want to see my splits on a particular run, I will post a Runkeeper link to that activity and you can see all the details there.

I will give you some overall numbers though so you can get the big picture.

-Been running since October 2009
-Run the following races so far (see race results on the sidebar)
  • Toronto Women's Run 5k (2010)
  • Island Girl Women's 10k (2010)
  • Longboat Toronto Island Run 10k (2010)
  • Toronto Scotiabank Waterfront Half Marathon (2010)
  • Around the Bay 30k Relay (2011)
  • Mississauga Half Marathon (2011)
-I am 5'3" and currently weigh 141lb (goal of 130-135lb)
-I am a mom, I have 2 boys, 10 and 12 yr old
-The longest I've ever run was 3h in summer of 2011 when I was training for the Scotiabank Toronto Marathon. I could not participate because I had my gallbladder removed a week before.
-I completed four times the 60k Walk to End Breast Cancer benefiting Princess Margaret Hospital
-Played volleyball for about 10yrs recreationally, then did 10yrs of martial arts (karate and taekwondo) before starting to run
-I love to hike, mostly for the purpose of geocaching. I often go at night with a bunch of friends because well, the day is not fun enough. The longest hike I did was about 20k in a day.
-I can play a mean ping-pong.

Alright, that's enough for now. In the next post I will talk about one of my favorite subjects, food. For now, I gotta eat my snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment