Thursday, February 9, 2012

Getting faster!

So far this week has been great! Monday was run for 30 min and Tuesday was hills. I also had physiotherapy on Tuesday which didn't leave me enough time to go outside and find a decent hill in the area, plus it was past 8pm, so I ended doing them in the gym. I warmed up for 10 min, then did 5 x 45sec climbs on 8% incline with 1 min recovery in between. I finished with another 10 min cooldown. Overall the workout wasn't too bad, but the hills felt much easier than outside. Maybe because I kept my speed constant across the intervals instead of running harder during the climbs? I don't know, I'll try to push a little harder next time.

Today I was craving another run, so I'm glad I had a challenging one. 40 min negative split which I did right after work. It was cold and windy and hilly, yet I did my negative split under 6 min/km with an overall pace of 6:11 min/km. This is the fastest I've ever run a negative split. I think I'm getting faster, it's encouraging! The reason why this makes me happy is because it's opening a lot more possibilities for running with a buddy, since I seem to be the slowest out of my runner friends. I'm catching up with them, yay! See Runkeeper link.

No comments:

Post a Comment