Thursday, March 1, 2012

There is no going back now

I did it!! I signed up for my first triathlon this summer, the Toronto Triathlon Festival and chose the Olympic distance because the opportunity of riding up and down one of our very scenic highways, the 404, was too good to give up.

As one of my friends said:
"Most people I know start with the Try-a-Tri. But no, you go balls out, of course."
This sounds just like me,  taking the bull by the horns. With all the running I've been doing in the last 2 years for the marathons and the cross training on the bike, a Sprint or a Try-a-Tri just don't seem scary enough to me. What is more scary is the cut-off time of 30 min on a 750m swim. For some reason, those 10 extra minutes on the Olympic distance feel more comforting. Since I am able to do a km in about 33 min in the pool, I think I can make it in time, if only I don't freak out and drown.

Now I need to find myself a wetsuit since they are mandatory for that time of the year and, ideally, a better bike, because I don't know if I want to risk taking my 21yr old hybrid on this ride.

But boy, I am excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment