Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Riding for the Heart

One last for the road... or a first one on the road, I should say! A few days ago I did it again, I signed up for another race, the Ride for Heart (50km) on June 3, 2012. I had been thinking to do a biking road race for a few years now, but this week I finally made the decision after talking about it with hubbs during one of our walks. I told him that this would be fun to do together or as a family and I am honestly totally looking forward to it. There is no competition in this race, it's mostly a personal challenge and a way of fundraising for the Heart and Stroke Foundation and raising the awareness about the number killer in Canada, heart disease. For those who are not familiar with the Heart and Stroke Foundation, below is their mission:

The Heart and Stroke Foundation, a volunteer-based health charity, leads in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through:
  • the advancement of research and its application.
  • the promotion of healthy living.
  • advocacy.
I now have a page where I can collect pledges for this campaign and although I only need to raise $100, I have set up my goal to be $500. You can click on the image at the right of the blog under my profile or by following this link. Any donation would be appreciated and if you live in Canada, you will also get a tax receipt. On behalf of the Heart and Stroke Foundation, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment