Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Can't fight this feeling

The musical references continue because I feel like singing these days. It's all the endorphins working in overdrive I bet. So I have to, I just have to write this post and say that I've had a smashing splashing swim on Sunday! It was my choice of workout, so given that I wasted a bit of time socializing with a girl from Romania with whom I had been sharing the line for a few weeks, I decided to "go long" and just swim. And I really swam with abandon, not worrying about time or having a perfect technique, just letting the muscle memory do the work.

In my subconscient, I must have been pissed off because of all the voices that keep telling me that I'm not good enough because something happened, for the first time ever I felt like I was gliding, floating, pushing through water, instead of fighting it. I was such a great feeling, not being in a constant battle. I don't think I went much faster than usual, but it felt almost easy and breathing on my "bad side" was really not much different than on the good side. Almost there, I should say.

Now, of course, I am a nervous and terrified to go back to the group swim where coach is going to watch my every single move and read all my imperfections again, but at least I have these swims where I am alone with my thoughts to bring my confidence back afloat.

That is all, thanks for listening ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment