Sunday, March 31, 2013

Spring has sprung!

Finally, no more snow on the ground and warm enough temperatures that I could go out and do my long run in capris! I has so happy by the end of it, I could barely contain it (thanks to Zin for the fantastic pic, as usual, he's got the fast click).

Things have now returned to normal, the 30k Around the Bay race is now a week behind us, and it already feels like history. I spent most of the week in recovery mode, slow this, easy that, massage therapy on Tuesday, stretching and foam rolling almost daily to work all the knots out. I am ready for what's coming next in my inbox as coach is cooking a new monthly plan for me.

I threw him a bit of a curveball next week as I'll be travelling over the weekend to Philly to see my friend Laura and relax from the office madness a little, but a break in the routine shouldn't be a bad thing. Time to get creative! I think I won't escape a run or two, but overall it should be a low key weekend during which I will most likely flex my finger muscles taking photos instead of running from the bike to around the house and into the pool.

Last but not least, I don't think I had a chance to tell you that both hubbs and I are now signed up for the Toronto Triathlon Festival, the second Olympic distance for me, the first for him. Still trying to decide if I'll sign up for anything else, the Hamilton Marathon is really tempting me in the fall, but I will be a good girl and stay put until the Kona Lottery results are out. You never know how my luck turns out. Until then, you can take a peek at the race schedule on the right, this is what I have in mind so far. Not going to race my pants out, but ideally I'd like to participate in an event once a month, be it racing or volunteering.

This is going to be exciting!!

2 comments:

  1. First - that is the happiest picture ever, and I love it. :D

    Second - I went back to read your 30K recap - AMAZING!!! congrats, congrats on the PR!! And can I add, I loved your running outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And... we've turned again! Lovely photo! Great sounding year!

    ReplyDelete